Mobile Suit Legends the RPG
YOU HAVE REACHED AN EXTINCT FORUM.

James Woods

View previous topic View next topic Go down

James Woods

Post by RX-178 on Sat Mar 17, 2012 8:59 am

Ok, here is a draft for my LC character. Several parts of his background were taked from the character sheet for Kain's Revenge, and so may be outdated. Just let me know what needs changing, thanks.

[Only admins are allowed to see this image]

James “Magician” Woods

Of average build and height, James primarily conveys his relaxed attitude through his ever present smirk and relatively poor posture, standing at attention only when decorum calls for it. In addition, he also has a habit of wearing his uniform jacket open when aboard his ship, claiming that is too warm to wear it closed. Aside from those few habits, he wears the full FUSE uniform.

Born: LC 180

Type: Normal

Height: 6'1"

Weight: 170lbs

Hair Color: Red

Eye Color: Brown

Nationality/Race: American/Anglo-American

Allegiance:FUSE

Personality: As an officer, James is quiet and contemplative, rarely being the first one to either voice an opinion or carry on an argument. He speaks softly, and prefers to play the proverbial 'good cop' when it comes to conduct on his own vessel. On duty or off, James cares little for formalities, addressing crewmembers by name or nickname for the most part and letting his crew do the same. James is also incredibly lazy, preferring to do as little work as he can get away with and complaining about it all the way. Some mistake this laid back attitude for either ineptitude or complacence. However, neither assumption is correct. As both his academy scores and his present rank suggest, he is a competent and efficient commander. Moreover, while few people have seen James truly angry, those who have rarely forget it.

In addition, James is an aivd Mobile Suit and spaceship enthusiast, who will often spend his spare time examining said machines or studying their workings on the net. This interest, combined with his lax attitute has led to problems in the past, as he often pesters mechanics and other personnel with questions about mecha he hasn't seen before. Of particular note was an incident in LC 210 where he was detained by security forces during an ill advised attempt to study a prototype MS up close without obtaining proper clearance.

History/Background: James Woods was born to a middle class family in Florida. Son of a shuttle pilot stationed at the Canaveral Spaceport, he was always surrounded by spacecraft and had been fascinated by them since a young age. Unlike his father however, James elected to join the AEO Space Force instead of working in the civilian space sector.

Entering the academy at 18, he quickly earned the ire of his instructors for his extremely work adverse attitude. However, their attempts to correct his behavior proved to be unsuccessful. Instead, James would take whatever punishment they threw at him, cracking jokes all the way. Spending his first two years in relative obscurity, James earned recognition in his final year for defeating one of the top students at simulated battles. His last minute reversal, wherein he outwitted his opponent with a dangerous aerobraking maneuver, earned him the joking title "magician" which has stuck with him ever since.

After graduating, James spent two years serving as a navigator on the destroyer Xerxes before being promoted to Lieutenant and transferred back to Earth for advanced courses on ship weapons. He was retained for an additional year as an instructor before being transferred to the cruiser Hyperion as a gunnery officer at 25. After a six month tour on the Hyperion, wherein he received a citation for helping disable a pirate vessel, James returned to Earth for his final courses in ship tactics and command.

At 27, he was promoted to Lieutenant Commander and assigned to the destroyer Alexander, where he served for the duration of the conflict with Chrome. During one of the final engagements of the war, James was forced to assume command of the ship when his commanding officer was injured. While the Alexander had been damaged during the battle, James was able to successfully destroy the attacking Chrome frigate, earning his second promotion in less than a year.

At the conclusion of the war, he served a second rotation as an instructor, this time teaching advanced command courses. Finally, in LC 210, he was promoted to Captain and assigned as commanding officer of the carrier USV Valiant, where he served for the previous four years. At present, he is being considered for a transfer to a new vessel.
RX-178
MSL Member
MSL Member

Male
Number of posts : 72
Registration date : 2011-02-16

http://generalbriggs@gmail.com

Back to top Go down

Re: James Woods

Post by vangran on Sat Mar 17, 2012 9:35 am

I like it! SInce he is a high-ranking officer, and a veteran, this will require five approvals. But I don't think that will be too hard to get. After all, you only have four more to go! I approve! Like a Star @ heaven
vangran
MSL Member
MSL Member

Male
Number of posts : 1432
Registration date : 2009-09-26

Back to top Go down

Post by KaraShiranui on Thu Mar 22, 2012 1:11 pm

I think this is okay. A captain... well that's nice. Approved. But it will require three more after this.

_____I love Mobile Suit Legends_____
"What is it you believe in? What is it you're fighting for now?"

KaraShiranui
MSL Admin
MSL Admin

Female
Number of posts : 268
Registration date : 2009-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by B.R.O. on Thu Mar 22, 2012 2:23 pm

Approved.

"dream. believe. survive"

B.R.O.
MSL Admin
MSL Admin

Male
Number of posts : 953
Registration date : 2009-07-31

Back to top Go down

Post by Lalionus on Sat Mar 24, 2012 1:24 pm

Approved for me.

WILD FLOWER and CATTLEYA: Terrorizing ESC Since LC 212
Lalionus
MSL Admin
MSL Admin

Female
Number of posts : 1079
Registration date : 2007-10-11

Back to top Go down

Post by MSL on Fri Mar 30, 2012 12:35 am

Approved!

But before you could play MSL LC. You must agree with this agreement.

MSL RPG LUNAR CENTURY AGREEMENT

I, Guest, will abide by the current and new rules of this forum and this RPG.
[Only mods are allowed to see this link]

I, Guest, will respect and co-operate with the decisions made by the Game Master, "MSL", and permit him to weave the story the way he sees fit.

I, Guest, understand that my absence could cause delay of the RP's story progression; In the event that I cannot post a reply in the RP within (3) days, I give the Game Master Permission to move my character in any way he sees fit.

DO YOU AGREE OR DECLINE? Also choose your skills and Starting Unit

-I AM MSL. HERE ME ROAR!-

The Four Horsemen of MSL
BOSSCHIEF...LALIONUS...BRO...ISSHIN
MSL
MSL Admin
MSL Admin

Male
Number of posts : 1539
Registration date : 2007-09-14

http://gundam-msl.mygoo.org

Back to top Go down

Post by RX-178 on Fri Mar 30, 2012 1:06 pm

I understand and accept the terms and conditions.

As to my skills, I would request Iron Wall, Repair, and Self-Repair.
RX-178
MSL Member
MSL Member

Male
Number of posts : 72
Registration date : 2011-02-16

http://generalbriggs@gmail.com

Back to top Go down

Post by MSL on Fri Mar 30, 2012 1:21 pm

RX-178 wrote:I understand and accept the terms and conditions.

As to my skills, I would request Iron Wall, Repair, and Self-Repair.

[Only mods are allowed to see this link]

Pilot Rank: E
LP: [Only admins are allowed to see this image][Only admins are allowed to see this image][Only admins are allowed to see this image][Only admins are allowed to see this image][Only admins are allowed to see this image][Only admins are allowed to see this image][Only admins are allowed to see this image][Only admins are allowed to see this image][Only admins are allowed to see this image][Only admins are allowed to see this image]
Skill Slots: 3
Skills:
-----Iron Wall
-----Repair
-----Self Repair

-I AM MSL. HERE ME ROAR!-

The Four Horsemen of MSL
BOSSCHIEF...LALIONUS...BRO...ISSHIN
MSL
MSL Admin